Our General Student Transportation Service
The totality of students enrolled in an educational institution (who do not require special accommodations).
Our Special Needs Transportation Service
Special Needs Transportation is a specialized service that needs to be delivered by dedicated and caring bus drivers and managers. We understand and are sensitive to the complexities of transporting special needs children. Therefore, we make our Special Needs services available for any school or parenting group in need. We work hard to ensure that our Special Needs passengers receive the same care and attention that every child deserves, and all our drivers receive comprehensive Special Needs training.
Special ed students are those who require high levels of attention. For example, the driver will have to open doors for these type of students. Drivers can’t leave until an adult secures the student.
Special Transportation Curb-To-Curb Service
Special transportation, involves curb-to-curb service and one or more of the following services:
- Hand to hand supervision of the student (All ECSE students are designated hand to hand supervision)
- Eye to eye contact with parent/guardian (not applicable to ECSE/SR students)
- Specialized equipment on the bus
- Specialized equipment for securement in the seat or wheelchair
- Adult supervision on the bus
Ensuring Every Child is Safe
To ensure every child receives safe, reliable transportation, Coherent Trans offers programs that:
- Conduct frequent background checks and performance reviews on every driver
- Assign the same drivers to the same students, every day to ensure consistency
- Schedule parent/guardian meetings to improve communication
- Provide specialized driver training
- Ensure consistent timeliness
- Develop transparent and accurate reporting